MRC International Council Strategic Plan 2012
In today’s economic environment, it is increasingly important for businesses of every size to acknowledge the new global reality. In recognition of the potential opportunities to its members and the region, a strategic goal of the Chamber is to increase awareness of the Meadowlands Region as a key center of International commerce. The results of this strategic initiative will be to create additional business opportunities for members and increase revenue opportunities for the Chamber.
The vision of the International Business Council is to enhance the ability of Chamber Members and the Meadowland’s community to successfully conduct business internationally.
The International Business Council of the MRCC mission is three fold:
- Offer pragmatic and knowledge-based educational programs spotlighting key aspects of starting and operating a successful global business
- Host networking events to foster partnership and sourcing opportunities for companies currently doing business or on the cusp of doing business globally
- Establish a Resource Center for information and a channel by which Members can research potential global partners outside of the USA and assist overseas-based businesses in initiating and conducting business in the Meadowlands with our Members.
The principles of the International Business Council will reflect the goals and value of the Meadowlands Chamber.
Goals and Initiatives:
- Breakfast series, “How to Navigate the New Global Reality”. Panel sessions designed to supply actionable information so that attendees can identify new opportunities, ascertain and avoid pitfalls and successfully navigate through the international waters of conducting business in the global market.
- September 2011: Through the Eyes of Business Executives
- January 2012: Legal, Financial, Tax and Intellectual Property
- May 2012: Logistics, Distribution and Marketing
- Fall 2012 Symposium: Global Symposium including country spotlights, cultural nuances. Format will include hands on workshop. Sponsorships will be available